Apple AirPods are popular earbuds that everyone loves and wishes to own. Most people believe that AirPods is an Apple product, so it’s only compatible with iOS devices.
That’s not true! AirPods are designed uniquely that can be connected to any device via Bluetooth.
It means you don’t need to give up your Android phone for AirPods.
Whereas, you can connect airpods to your Android devices but cannot access all the features of AirPods. These include a battery indicator, no voice assistant, and more.
Eager to know how you can connect AirPods with Android devices, here’s the step-by-step guide to follow to connect your AirPods with your Android phone.
Can You Connect AirPods with Your Android Phone?
Yes! It is possible to connect your AirPods to your Android phone via Bluetooth.
We all know that AirPods are made to be used with Apple devices. Thus, you may not feel the same smooth experience while using them with your Android phone.
You will be restricted to use various features when you connect AirPods with your Android device because, as these features only work with Apple devices. You can only use basic functionalities of AirPods after connecting with your Android phone.
Steps to Connect AirPods with Your Android Device
1. On your Android phone, go to the Settings menu
2. On the Settings page, search Bluetooth and turn it on
3. Take your AirPods charging case and press and hold to switch it on
4. Search available Bluetooth devices and start pairing
Now, you have successfully connected your AirPods with the Android Device via Bluetooth.
Note: You can now listen and talk but cannot open or use Siri. At times, counting AirPods to your Android devices gives a different audio quality experience.
Some AirPods Features that work after connecting to an Android Device
If you use AirPods, AirPods Pro, AirPods Pro 2, or AirPods Pro 3 (3rd gen) with your Android device, here are the features that work:
- Play and pause audio control by double-tapping an AirPod
- Music and film audio
- Call audio
- Play and Pause music by pressing the AirPod stem once
- Skip back by triple-pressing
- Skip forward by double-tap quickly
- Turn on/off the noise cancellation mode
Some AirPods Features that Don’t work after connecting to the Android Device
AirPods are most compatible with Apple devices, but if you’re using an Android phone, then you may find some features didn’t work. Such as,
- There’s no Siri or Google Assistant control available, which means you can’t control voice commands for music or any questions.
- You can’t customize the double-tap functionalities after connecting with an Android phone, such as skipping, Siri, play/pause, and more.
- The ear detection feature didn’t work, which means that the audio will not stop Playing when you remove AirPods from your ear.
- It didn’t display the AirPods battery on your Android device.
- There’s no similar smooth experience with Android as compared to iOS.
- No conversation boost or Live to listen.
- Automatic readout of incoming notifications.
These are some features that you may not get access to while using AirPods with Android devices.
How to Use AirPods with Your Android Device?
When you have connected AirPods with your Android device, then it’s time to use the functionalities.
Many gestures are pre-defined in AirPods for a particular action, such as – Pressing the sensor to play or pause music, double tapping to jump to the next song, and triple pressing to play the previous song.
Also, There’s a Noise Cancellation and Transparency Mode available that you can use by long-pressing the sensor.
How to Check the Battery Level of AirPods on your Android Device?
When you use AirPods with your Android phone, you can’t check the battery level of your AirPods because it only shows on iPhone devices.
However, it’s important to check their battery level to ensure you can use AirPods from time to time.
There are many third-party Android widgets available that you can use to check the battery level of AirPods.
One of the well-known apps is CAPod, which shows you the battery level on your Android screen, including the charging case and connection strength.
Well, there are various auto actions you can set in this app, including – auto-connect, stop music when AirPods are removed, one pad mode, and more. You can do customizations and set various features with AirPods gestures.
Why won’t my AirPods work after connecting with an Android Device?
If you’re trying to connect AirPods with your Android phone and follow all the given steps but are still not connected, then there are some reasons. Some of the most common reasons are:
- Your AirPods may be linked with another device. First, you need to disconnect and try again.
- Maybe the battery is quite low in AirPods. So first, you should charge the AirPods case and retry after the charge.
- Your AirPods may be too far from, and signals didn’t meet. So, bring the device closer to connect with AirPods.
- Maybe your Android device’s Bluetooth is turned off or not working. So restart your device to resolve such issues and reconnect.
These are some most common reasons why AirPods don’t connect with your Android phone.
How to factory reset your AirPods?
If you’re still facing issues or not connecting your AirPods with an Android phone, then you should do a factory reset. Here’s the step-by-step process to do a factory reset:
1. Open your AirPods case and put the earbuds inside
2. In your Android phone, go to Bluetooth settings
3. Click on the paired AirPods option and tap on “Forget this device.”
4. Press and hold your AirPods case button until it flashes red
5. Continue holding the button until your AirPods LED turns white
That’s it! After resetting the AirPods, you can easily connect with Android devices.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q.1 Why do AirPods not connect to my Android phone?
Major reason behind AirPods not connecting with your Android device might be the distance between them. So keep it nearby when you’re trying to connect AirPods with your Android phone.
Q.2 Are AirPods worth it for Android?
Android users should not intentionally spend their money over buying AirPods, as you will miss a lot of features that are only compatible with the Apple devices.
Q.3 How long do AirPods last?
AirPods typically last 2-3 years with excellent battery life and performance.
Q.4 How can I check my AirPods battery on an Android device?
You should install a third-party app to display the AirPods battery status on your Android phone.
Q.5 Do I need a third-party app to connect AirPods with my Android device?
You can simply connect AirPods with your Android device via Bluetooth without any third-party device.
You are now all ready to connect your AirPods with your Android phone, play some music, and enjoy the experience. Android allows you to use thief-party apps to use AirPods functionalities and have a similar experience.